Sunday, April 23, 2006

100 minutes of running... hills?!?!

Today was a 100 minute run - the longest of the season. Not only that, but the course started and ended at Land's End (see photo), ran up to the Legion of Honor and then ran loops around Lincoln Park golf course until we got to 100 minutes. For those of you who are not familiar with this part of San Francisco, it is ALL HILLS. It was a tough run for sure, and I didn't get a great night sleep last night, but all of my hill training must be paying off because I had no trouble doing it. I was passing people on the hills - even people on bikes, and then recovering on the downhill parts.

Amanda decided to join us for the run (she ran with the 60 minute group) and she managed to run the entire course for the first time. Given that the people she was running with had all been training for 3 months for this type of run, we were all very impressed at her strength and endurance.

I also wanted to take a moment to reflect on just how beautiful the Bay Area is. I've been trying to post some pictures to give you a sense of the truly amazing places that we have been biking and running. I guess I'm a bit more appreciative now that the rain has finally stopped (knock on wood).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?